Having trouble finding a great lawn fertilizer for winter? We understand your problem. We have gone through all resources on the internet to make a comprehensive list of the lawn fertilizer for winter available in the market today.
Based on expert reviews, we ranked them. We’ve listed our top-ranked picks, including the top-selling lawn fertilizer for winter. See our ranking below:
|Scotts Turf Builder WinterGuard Fall Weed|
|Jonathan Green (12414) Winter Survival Fall|
|Winterizer Lawn Fertilizer, 32-0-10 Formula, 5,000-Sq.|
|Jonathan Green & Sons Inc 12400|
|Ultimate 3-18-18 NPK- Lawn Food Quality|
Find the Best One From Our Top 10 Lawn Fertilizer For Winter Reviews
In this article, we’ve included our suggestions for the best lawn fertilizer for winter after analyzing hundreds of reviews. Hopefully, you will be able to find exactly the product you’re looking for.
Scotts Turf Builder Winterguard Fall Weed
- Scotts Turf Builder WinterGuard Fall Weed & Feed3 weed killer and lawn fertilizer controls weeds and feeds grass in the fall for a better lawn next spring
- Fall weed and feed kills over 50 listed lawn weeds, including clover, dandelion, plantain, morning glory, chicory, evening primrose, and purslane
- Apply weed control plus grass fertilizer to a wet lawn when weeds are actively growing and temperatures are consistently between 60°F and 90°F
- Do NOT apply to the following grass types: St. Augustinegrass, Floratam, Dichondra, Lippia, Carpetgrass, Bentgrass
- One 14.29 lb. bag of Scotts Turf Builder WinterGuard Fall Weed & Feed3 covers 5,000 sq. ft.
- Not available in FL
Jonathan Green (12414) Winter Survival Fall
- PERFECT FOR FALL USE – This fall lawn fertilizer has an analysis of 10-0-20. The high potassium formula promotes deep rooting and stores nutrients for spring. It also contains slow-release nitrogen that keeps your grass greener later into the year.
- REPAIRS & PROTECTS – Winter Survival is the ideal fall fertilizer to use when repairing summer lawn damage. It also sets your lawn up for success throughout winter. A thick, healthy lawn in fall can ward off winter stress better.
- PROMOTES EARLY SPRING GREEN-UP – If Winter Survival is spread early in the fall, a second application in the first week of November will safeguard your lawn over the winter resulting in a greener grass early next spring.
- MULTIPLE USES – This winter lawn fertilizer provides nutrients to help boost newly seeded lawns as well as help established lawns grow thicker and greener grass with deeper roots.
- COMPLETE COVERAGE – This 45 lb bag covers up to 15,000 sq. ft. and it can be applied to any type of turfgrass.
Winterizer Lawn Fertilizer, 32-0-10 Formula, 5,000-Sq.
- Helps your lawns to survive the winter stress
- Encourages a stronger, deeper root system
- Easy to use
- 2% iron for deep greening
- 50% controlled release nitrogen
- Model: GT58105
- 1 Pack
- Continuously feeds for up to 16 Weeks
- Covers up to 5,000 square feet
Jonathan Green & Sons Inc 12400
- Prepares your lawn for winter
- Promotes root growth
- Ideal for fall seeding
- Covers up to 5000 square feet
- Application 4 of our lawn care program
Ultimate 3-18-18 Npk- Lawn Food Quality
- High Phosphorus, High Potassium Lawn Food: If your lawn is showing symptoms of a Phosphorus and Potassium deficiency or if you want to maintain lawn health then this is the correct fertilizer for you!
- Made With High Quality Feed Grade Ingredients: Nourish your lawn to its top potential with quality liquid lawn Nutrients.
- Easy To Use: Designed to be easily applied. This high Phosphorus & Potassium Lawn Food gives your lawn the nutrients it needs for strong root development, vigor, and strength.
- Can Be Used on All Grass Types: Including Bermuda, St. Augustine, Zoysia, Buffalo, Centipede, Palmetto & Bluegrass Lawns.
- Easy to Use: Our 3-18-18 Lawn Fertilizer Food comes with a ready-to-use hose end sprayer that applies the perfect ratio of product for lawn applications. Covers up to 3,200 square feet, when using the attached sprayer.
- Great Starter Fertilizer: High Phosphorus and Potassium Lawn Food provides essential Phosphorus to promote plant development, and is highly recommended when establishing a lawn.
- Contains 3% Nitrogen. Nitrogen is a major component of chlorophyll where plants get their green coloring. Nitrogen encourages vigorous growth for the development of a dense, attractive lawn. Nitrogen will show a color response in the lawn if a deficiency is present.
- Contains 18% Phosphorus. Phosphorus encourages root development, and is essential for turf establishment. Phosphorus effects on turf are usually more subtle and, while not as readily visible, are still very important.
- Contains 18% Potassium. Potassium can enhance the plant’s endurance to stress if a deficiency is present. The application of Potassium will generally not show a visible response.
- Produced In The USA: 3-18-18 is Manufactured in the United States of America, by a Family Owned Business with over 25 Years of Former Experience in the Commercial Professional Turf and Agriculture Industry.
Scotts Turf Builder Winterguard Fall Weed
- Up to 2X more powerful dandelion and clover control vs. previous formula
- Clears out dandelions and other listed weeds—satisfaction guaranteed
- WeedGrip Technology grips the weeds you see—and the ones you don’t
- Feeds for a better lawn next spring
- Regular feedings provide the nutrients your lawn needs to look its best
- Not available in FL
The Andersons Premium Fall Lawn Food
- Prepare your lawn for winter with The Andersons Fall Lawn Food 24-0-14 – Application 4 of The Andersons Lawn Program
- Contains potassium for hardiness and vigor
- Includes quick- intermediate- and slow-release nitrogen for a fast green up and extended feeding
- Contains 1% iron for extra deep greening
Espoma Eofw30 Organic Fall Fertilizer, 30-Pound
- 8-0-5 fertilizer analysis – 30 lb. bag
- All natural winterizer lawn fertilizer
- Extra potash for next year’s spring greening
- Feeds up to 5,000 sq. ft.
Scotts Turf Builder Fall Lawn Foodfl
- Scotts Turf Builder Fall Lawn FoodFL fertilizes grass for a better lawn next spring
- Feeds up to 3 months to maintain root health through the winter
- An early fall feeding will replenish the nutrients that the lawn lost in the summer
- Apply to any grass type with a Scotts broadcast/rotary, drop or Wizz spreader
- Covers 5,000 sq. ft.
- Only sold in FL
Jonathan Green 4- Step Lawn Enhancement
- You will receive 1 of each of the products shown.
- Designed to spread 15,000 square feet.
- Early Spring – Apply Crabgrass Preventer plus Green-Up Lawn Fertilizer to feed the lawn and provide season long crabgrass prevention.
- Late Spring – Apply Weed & Feed Lawn Fertilizer to feed the lawn and kill over 250 broadleaf weeds like dandelions, chickweed, clover and oxalis.
- Summer – Apply Mag-I-Cal Plus for Lawns in Acidic & Hard Soil to raise soil pH, loosen hard soil and activate the soil microbial life.
- Fall – Apply Winter Survival Fall Lawn Fertilizer to feed the lawn and help prepare it for the long harsh winter ahead. Use on the same day as you seed in the early fall for optimal results.
- Please read product labels for specific spreader settings and application instructions.
A Beginner’s Guide to Selecting the Right Lawn Fertilizer For Winter
There are many factors to consider when choosing a lawn fertilizer for winter, such as price, quality, durability, and functionality. However, one important factor that is often overlooked is whether or not the product aligns with your values and goals. Choosing a product that aligns with your values can not only enhance your overall satisfaction with the product, but it can also contribute to a sense of purpose and fulfillment.
So, what to look for before buying? Here are a few things to consider:
The Price: Price is often a major factor when it comes to making a purchase, but it’s important to remember that the cheapest option may not always be the best. Consider the long-term cost of the product, including any maintenance or repair costs, rather than just the initial purchase price.
Quality: Look for products that are made with high-quality materials and construction. A product that is built to last can save you money in the long run by not having to constantly replace inferior products.
The Functionality: Consider the specific needs and goals you have for the product. Look for products that are designed to meet those needs and make your life easier.
Brand Reputation: Do some research on the company behind the product. Look for companies with a proven track record of producing high-quality products and standing behind their products with warranties and excellent customer service.
Customer Reviews: Read reviews from other customers to get a sense of their experiences with the product. Pay particular attention to reviews from customers with needs and goals similar to your own.
Return Policy: Look for products with a good return policy in case the product doesn’t meet your expectations or has any defects.
Environmental And Social Impact: If sustainability and social responsibility are important to you, consider products that are made with these values in mind. Look for companies that prioritize environmental sustainability and ethical business practices.
The last words of all, you must consider what value the product is providing against the price you are paying for. Does it make you satisfied or not? Do your demands be fulfilled with that?
Hope this article will come in handy for you to recognize and purchase the best lawn fertilizer for winter in the market. Happy Shopping.