Finding the perfect product can be challenging as everyone has unique requirements. However, you can easily narrow down your options by choosing the best product within your budget.
We have personally purchased and tested over 100 different product models in the past three years and have compiled a list of our top picks for the best self contained marine toilet on the market.
|Nature’s Head Self Contained Composting Toilet|
|Camco Portable Toilet for RVs, 5.3|
|Thetford 32812 Cassette Toilet|
|Safstar 5.3 Gallon Portable Toilet Splash-Free|
|YITAHOME Portable Toilet 6.34 Gallon Camping|
Our Expert Reviews for Top 10 Self Contained Marine Toilet
The market is filled with many self contained marine toilet. You might find yourself struggling to choose the best one. Our team considered tons of reviews when writing our recommendations for the best self contained marine toilet in this article.
Nature’S Head Self Contained Composting Toilet
- No one – and I mean no one – will beat my customer service and individual support
- Easy to install by any reasonably handy person.
- Absolutely No Odor. No Maintenance. 5 Year Warranty.
- Huge Capacity. 2 people using full time will empty every 4-6 weeks. Easy empty in 5 minutes.
- A vast improvement over older composting toilet designs. This one works!
Camco Portable Toilet For Rvs, 5.3
- Portable Travel Toilet: Provides a convenient bathroom spot while on-the-go; Ideal for camping, RVing, boating, road trips and other recreational activities; Detachable Holding Tank: 5.3-gallon holding tank is detachable for easy emptying
- Stops Leaks and Odors: The locking lid helps stop spills and the sealing slide valve locks in odors/protects against leakage; Side latches fasten the tank to the toilet
- Easy to Flush: An easy-to-use bellow-type flush and pull slide valve provide simple flushing
- Size: Measures 16 7/8-inches (H) x 14-inches (W) x 16 ¼-inches (D); Durable Construction: Made of durable, lightweight polyethylene
- Includes: (1) portable toilet and (3) individual TST Orange Drop-INs
Thetford 32812 Cassette Toilet
- Bench style cassette toilet
- LED level indicator that can be installed on the left or the right
- Electric push button for adding water to the bowl
- Waste holding tank comes with wheels and retractable handle
Safstar 5.3 Gallon Portable Toilet Splash-Free
- 【Go in Comfort Anywhere】This item is lightweight, compact and detachable. Ideal for boating, fishing, camping, off grid living, healthcare, emergency or other outdoor activities whenever nature calls!
- 【Extra Large Toilet Tank】The 5.3 gallon toilet tank holds more than most other portable camping toilets, which means you’ll have to empty it less often. The waste water tank level indication let you know when it’s time to empty!
- 【Stronger Slushing System】Upgraded piston pump flushes the bowl much cleaner compared with bellows pump. T-type 3-way flushing makes waste removal easier. Slippery surface of the bowl prevents you from washing it.
- 【Odorless and Leak-Proof】Made of high density polyethylene, it features anti-leakage. Sealing value prevents the waste from leaking and giving off smell. Liquid chemicals can be put into fresh water tank for aromatic air.
- 【Easier to Empty】Splash-free rotating pouring spout allows you to empty it quickly without splashing. Hose fits into some sewer outlet for easier dumping. There is a vent release the pressure. Liquid level display helps to indicate inner waste amount. The indicator will turn red when the waste tank gets full.
Yitahome Portable Toilet 6.34 Gallon Camping
- LARGE CAPACITY & HIGH LOAD CAPACITY : The camping toilet has a 5.28 gallon (20 L) freshwater holding tank and 6.34 gallon (24 L) waste-water holding tank, which ensures the camping toilets portable can be used for multiple times; Its maximum load of RV toilet with 331 lbs can meet people’s needs, including toddlers, kids, teenagers, adults, trucker and the elderly
- EFFICIENT CLEANING DESIGN: The portable toilet for camping is double water outlets, which is more dispersed and more effectively and comprehensively cleans the stains on the dead corners; And the handle pump allows you to operate more effortlessly to pressurize and flush the travel toilet; And the level indicator design let you know when it’s time to empty the waste water tank, more convenient for you
- PAPER AND DETERGENT COLLECTION DESIGN: The portable toilet is cleverly designed with the paper collection and detergent compartment on clean water tank, which is convenient for you to place paper towels, no need for additional paper towel holders and avoid the embarrassment of forgetting to bring paper towels after use; When you clean tanks, the cleaner stored in the detergent compartment comes in handy
- ODORLESS & CONVENIENT: The rotating pouring spout of cassette toilet allows you to empty it quickly without splashing; It has a slide valve on the compost toilets for closing the waste to prevent leakage and peculiar smell when not in use; More convenient to disassemble for just pressing the tank button and easy to carry due to its handle design on tanks
- MULTI-PURPOSE USE: The porta potty is a necessary for camping or traveling without taking up too much room, which it can be used for outdoor and camping activities, car, caravan, RVs, boats, mobile home use, hospital, trailer, marine, van, construction site places with inadequate sanitary facilities for field operations; Also especially suitable for pregnant women, the elderly, patients, children, etc
Kohree Portable Toilet Camping Porta Potty,
- EASY TO CARRY & CONVENIENT–Kohree portable toilet with small dimension 14.5 “(L) x 16.5” (W) x 17 “(H) which is enough to meet the size of an adult seat. Also it can be assembled or disassembled anytime and anywhere, can be easily put in your car or use th e handle to carry it.
- LARGE CAPACITY, UP TO 90 FLUSHES–Kohree camping toilet storage tank capacity, with 5.8 gallon of sewage storage capacity means you’ll have to empty it less often and the 3.2 gallon fresh water capacity allow you to flush about 90 times and each water volume per pump is 0.031gal, it can meets all your outdoor activities needs. Also it equipped with waste water tank level indication let you know when it’s time to empty!
- ODORLESS & LEAK-PROOF DESIGN–Splash-free rotating pouring spout allows you to empty it quickly without splashing. High density polyethylene material it features anti-leakage and odor sealant valve to lock liquid & odors, keep your living environment odorless and clean.
- EASY TO CLEAN–Upgraded T type full coverage water outlets design makes cleaning 360° and avoids the embarrassing problem of leaving stains in dead corner with a single-pipe. Pressing flush by compressed air pressure, will automatically compress and increase the water pressure to efficiently clean the inside of toilet. Also equipped with a water gun to clean up any part of the inner wall of the toilet.
- MULTI-SCENARIO USE–This portable toilet could be used in home, caravan, trailer, boat, and also could be used for camping, hospital, outdoor events and so on（Tolerate Temperature : -4°F-122°F). Kindly note : Toilet is personal hygiene product,unless there is a quality problem, otherwise we will not accept returns or exchanges. We also warmly suggest our user clean the waste tank frequently for the hygiene reason.
Porta Potti 92306 White Thetford Corp
- VERSATILITY: Award-winning, top-of-the-line portable toilet, suited for RVs, boats, trucks, vans, healthcare, camping and even off-the-grid lifestyle
- DESIGN: Sleek, modern, and homelike look, Porta Potti Curve comes with a comfortable seat height, increased bowl size, and battery-powered flush
- FUNCTIONALITY: Easy to use and clean, Curve has an ergonomic carrying handle, an integrated toilet paper holder, and a tank level indicator
- SANITARY: Odorless and leak proof, the portable toilet has a sealed valve to prevent odors from escaping and a rotating pour-out spout for emptying the waste water tank without backsplashes
- OPTIONAL: The hold down kit helps secure the portable toilet to the floor, holding it in place while you’re on the road
- Fit type: Universal Fit
Serenelife Portable Toilet With Carry Bag
- CONVENIENT, COMPACT, AND PORTABLE – The SereneLife portable toilet is small enough to fit in the trunk of your car but large enough to sit on comfortably. Its 37x41x35cm size means you can take it with you wherever you need to go, in a tent or on the road.
- LARGE CAPACITY OF UP TO 120 FLUSHES – Our extra-large tank of 5.3 gallons holds more sewage than ever before, saving you the hassle of changing it often. Flush it up to 120 times with confidence – the waste tank level indicator will let you know when to empty it.
- LEAK-PROOF AND ODORLESS DESIGN – To prevent unnecessary messes or spills, our design features a rotating emptying spout, allowing you to quickly and discreetly empty it when full. And it has a double-sealed drain valve to keep any nasty smells in.
- STURDY AND EASY TO CLEAN – This leak-proof cassette toilet for RV travel is crafted from high-density, premium quality polyethylene for a corrosion-resistant travel toilet. It is an easy-to-clean material that is highly durable, making it perfect for your adventures.
- DO YOUR BUSINESS ANYWHERE – Take our small, portable toilet anywhere you need to go. From camping, caravan, or trailer vacations with your family to boating trips with friends, use this portable bathroom both inside and outside with ease.
Yitahome Portable Toilet 5.8 Gallon, Travel
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL: Our portable toilet is made of high-density HDPE and PP material in precise molded process with strong structure and great durability; Its maximum load of 441 lbs can meet people’s needs, including toddlers, kids, teenagers, adults trucker and the elderly
- LARGE CAPACITY & LEVEL INDICATOR: The portable travel toilet has a 3.2 gallon (12 L) freshwater holding tank and 5.8 gallon (22 L) waste-water holding tank, which ensures the portable toilet for camping can be used for multiple times; The level indicator design let you know when it’s time to empty the waste water tank, more convenient for you
- T-TYPE WATER OUTLETS & HANDLE FLUSH PUMP: The RV toilet is T-type water outlets, which is more dispersed and more effectively and comprehensively cleans the stains on the dead corners; And the handle pump design allows you to operate more effortlessly to pressurize and flush the toilet
- DETACHABLE & ROTATABLE: The compost toilets can be detached by the two side latches to pour sewage; and The rotating pouring spout allows you to empty it quickly without splashing; It has a slide valve on the toilet for closing the waste to prevent against leakage and peculiar smell when not in use
- MULTI-PURPOSE USE: The portable potty is a necessary for camping or traveling without taking up too much room, it can be used for outdoor and camping activities, car, RVs, boats, mobile home use, trailer, marine, van, construction site places with inadequate sanitary facilities for field operations; Also especially suitable for pregnant women, the elderly, patients, children, etc
Alpcour Portable Toilet – Compact Indoor
- THE ULTIMATE PORTABLE TOILET – No More Emergency Potty Runs While Camping, Boating or Traveling on the Road! Compact, Fully Functional Latrine Provides Anytime, Anywhere Bathroom Relief with All the Comforts of a Real Home Toilet
- AMAZING 50+ FLUSH CAPACITY – Built-In Piston Pump Flusher Provides Powerful Cleaning Action, No Plumbing or External Hookups Required – Features Extra Large 5.3 Gallon Waste Tank & 3.2 Gallon Water Tank for Fewer Emptying Trips
- SUPER COMFORTABLE SETUP – Unit is Made of Durable, Heavy Duty Material That Naturally Minimizes Odors & Resists Rust & Corrosion – Lightweight Yet Sturdy Seat Supports the Entire Family Including Toddlers, Kids, Teenagers, Adults & the Elderly
- EASY CLEAN CONVENIENCE – Sprayer Keeps Bowl Clean a Full 360°, While the Rotating Spout Lets You Safely & Hygienically Dispose of Contents When Full – Includes Waste Level Indicator & Anti-Leak Drain Valve to Lock In Liquid & Odors
- TRAVEL-FRIENDLY. ECO-FRIENDLY. – Complete Kit Also Features a Handy Case for Toting & Storing Your Toilet Anywhere – Green System Saves You Money on Energy & Water & Cuts Out Wasteful Disposable Liners, Inserts, Pills & Chemicals
A Beginner’s Guide to Selecting the Right Self Contained Marine Toilet
There are many sources that’ll provide you with that information- buying guides or rating websites, word-of-mouth testimonials from friends or family members, online forums where users share their personal experiences, product reviews specifically found all over the internet, and YouTube channels. Only thorough research will ensure that you get the right product.
But that’s not always easy, right? That’s why we’ve taken the time to compile a list of the best self contained marine toilet in today’s market, on your behalf. So that there will be no more worries for you.
How did we come up with the list, you ask? How did we create this buying guide?
- First, we collected as much information available about these products from trusted sources.
- We employed some experts to validate all collected information.
- Then we ranked them on their quality-to-price ratio using industry-standard criteria that let us pick the best product currently on the market!
The products aren’t chosen randomly. We consider several criteria before assembling a list. Some of the criteria are discussed below-
Brand Value: What happens when you go for a not-so-reputable brand just because the price seems cheap? Well, the chance of getting a short-lasting product goes higher. That’s because some renowned brands have a reputation to maintain, while others don’t.
Features: You don’t need heaps of features, but useful ones. We look at the features that matter and choose the top self contained marine toilet based on that.
Specifications: Numbers always help you measure the quality of a product in a quantitative way. We try to find products of higher specifications, but with the right balance.
Customer Ratings: The hundreds of customers using the product before you won’t say wrong, would they? Better ratings mean better service experienced by a good number of people.
Customer Reviews: Like ratings, customer reviews give you actual and trustworthy information, coming from real-world consumers about the product they used.
Seller Rank: Now, this is interesting! You don’t just need a good product, you need a product that is trendy and growing in sales. It serves two objectives.
Firstly, the growing number of users indicates the product is good.
Secondly, the manufacturers will hopefully provide better quality and after-sales service because of that growing number.
Value For The Money: They say you get what you pay for. Cheap isn’t always good. But that doesn’t mean a high price of money on a flashy but underserving product is good either. We try to measure how much value for the money you can get before putting them on the list.
Durability: Durability and reliability go hand to hand. A robust and durable product will serve you for months and years to come.
Availability: Products come and go, and new products take the place of the old ones. Probably some new features were added, and some necessary modifications were done. What’s the point of using supposedly good products if that’s no longer continued by the manufacturer? We try to feature products that are up-to-date and sold by at least one reliable seller, if not several.
Negative Ratings: Yes, we take that into consideration too! When we pick the top-rated products on the market, the products that got mostly negative ratings to get filtered and discarded.
These are the criteria we have chosen on. Does our process stop there? Heck, no!
The most important thing that you should know about us is, we’re always updating our website to provide timely and relevant information.
It is clear that finding the right product for your needs can be a challenging task. It is important to do thorough research, consider a variety of factors, and read reviews from other customers in order to make an informed decision.
Thank you for reading our blog post, and we hope it has been helpful in your shopping journey.