If you’re having trouble finding the best winter fertilizer for your needs, you’re not alone. Not all products are designed with the same use or user in mind, so it’s important to know what you’re looking for.
We’ve tested over a thousand products, and have compiled a list of our top recommendations for the best winter fertilizer for various uses. Check our list below:
|Scotts Turf Builder WinterGuard Fall Weed|
|Winterizer Lawn Fertilizer, 32-0-10 Formula, 5,000-Sq.|
|Jonathan Green (12414) Winter Survival Fall|
|The Andersons Premium Fall Lawn Food|
|Eden Winter Feed Organic Enriched Fertilizer|
Top 10 Winter Fertilizer Reviews
The market is filled with many winter fertilizer. You might find yourself struggling to choose the best one. Our team considered tons of reviews when writing our recommendations for the best winter fertilizer in this article.
Scotts Turf Builder Winterguard Fall Weed
- Scotts Turf Builder WinterGuard Fall Weed & Feed3 weed killer and lawn fertilizer controls weeds and feeds grass in the fall for a better lawn next spring
- Fall weed and feed kills over 50 listed lawn weeds, including clover, dandelion, plantain, morning glory, chicory, evening primrose, and purslane
- Apply weed control plus grass fertilizer to a wet lawn when weeds are actively growing and temperatures are consistently between 60°F and 90°F
- Do NOT apply to the following grass types: St. Augustinegrass, Floratam, Dichondra, Lippia, Carpetgrass, Bentgrass
- One 14.29 lb. bag of Scotts Turf Builder WinterGuard Fall Weed & Feed3 covers 5,000 sq. ft.
- Not available in FL
Winterizer Lawn Fertilizer, 32-0-10 Formula, 5,000-Sq.
- Helps your lawns to survive the winter stress
- Encourages a stronger, deeper root system
- Easy to use
- 2% iron for deep greening
- 50% controlled release nitrogen
- Model: GT58105
- 1 Pack
- Continuously feeds for up to 16 Weeks
- Covers up to 5,000 square feet
Jonathan Green (12414) Winter Survival Fall
- PERFECT FOR FALL USE – This fall lawn fertilizer has an analysis of 10-0-20. The high potassium formula promotes deep rooting and stores nutrients for spring. It also contains slow-release nitrogen that keeps your grass greener later into the year.
- REPAIRS & PROTECTS – Winter Survival is the ideal fall fertilizer to use when repairing summer lawn damage. It also sets your lawn up for success throughout winter. A thick, healthy lawn in fall can ward off winter stress better.
- PROMOTES EARLY SPRING GREEN-UP – If Winter Survival is spread early in the fall, a second application in the first week of November will safeguard your lawn over the winter resulting in a greener grass early next spring.
- MULTIPLE USES – This winter lawn fertilizer provides nutrients to help boost newly seeded lawns as well as help established lawns grow thicker and greener grass with deeper roots.
- COMPLETE COVERAGE – This 45 lb bag covers up to 15,000 sq. ft. and it can be applied to any type of turfgrass.
The Andersons Premium Fall Lawn Food
- Prepare your lawn for winter with The Andersons Fall Lawn Food 24-0-14 – Application 4 of The Andersons Lawn Program
- Contains potassium for hardiness and vigor
- Includes quick- intermediate- and slow-release nitrogen for a fast green up and extended feeding
- Contains 1% iron for extra deep greening
Eden Winter Feed Organic Enriched Fertilizer
- FEED YOUR PLANTS GENTLY DURING WINTER SEASON- Your plant needs more food to survive cold months and ensure rapid growth. Maintain and repair in cold weather with this well-balanced granulated organic formula.
- 5-5-5 SPECIAL FORMULA FOR STORING NUTRIENTS- The plant needs all the macronutrients, especially NPK, in a higher amount from the other seasons. 5% nitrogen, 5% phosphate, and 5% potash provide protection and food.
- ENRICHED WITH NEEM MATRIX- Slow-release formula that lasts longer. Strengthens the root system, reduces the water intake, heals soil, and above all, boosts crop!
- INCREASES THE MICROORGANISMS AND THE HUMUS LEVEL- Improving the soil structure makes the plant stronger and tolerant to survive the winter successfully.
- MADE IN THE USA- All our products are made in the USA, manufactured locally in Atlanta (GA) metro area.
The Andersons Professional Pgf Complete 16-4-8
- Not for sale in California or Oregon
Jonathan Green & Sons Inc 12400
- Prepares your lawn for winter
- Promotes root growth
- Ideal for fall seeding
- Covers up to 5000 square feet
- Application 4 of our lawn care program
Scotts Turf Builder Fall Lawn Foodfl
- Scotts Turf Builder Fall Lawn FoodFL fertilizes grass for a better lawn next spring
- Feeds up to 3 months to maintain root health through the winter
- An early fall feeding will replenish the nutrients that the lawn lost in the summer
- Apply to any grass type with a Scotts broadcast/rotary, drop or Wizz spreader
- Covers 5,000 sq. ft.
- Only sold in FL
Espoma Eofw30 Organic Fall Fertilizer, 30-Pound
- 8-0-5 fertilizer analysis – 30 lb. bag
- All natural winterizer lawn fertilizer
- Extra potash for next year’s spring greening
- Feeds up to 5,000 sq. ft.
Scotts Winterizer, 5M
The Winter Fertilizer Buyer’s Handbook
Before you make a purchase, it’s important to consider a number of factors to ensure that you’re getting the best winter fertilizer for your needs and budget. Here are some things to think about before you buy:
Purpose: What do you need the product for? Make sure you have a clear understanding of how you’ll be using the product, so you can choose one that meets your needs.
Quality of the Product: Look for products that are well-made and built to last. Consider the materials used and the overall construction of the product.
Brand Reputation: Research the brand and read reviews from other customers to get an idea of the company’s reputation and the quality of its products.
Price: Determine your budget and look for products that offer good value for money. Don’t be swayed by low prices alone, as they may indicate lower quality.
Features: Consider the features of the product and how they align with your needs. Think about any additional features that may be useful to you.
Warranty and Return Policy: Look for products with a good warranty, as this can provide peace of mind and protect your investment. Also, be sure to check the return policy in case you need to return the product for any reason.
Size And Weight: If you’ll be carrying the product with you or storing it in a small space, make sure it’s the right size and weight for your needs.
By considering these factors, you can make an informed decision and choose a product that meets your needs and budget.
The last words of all, you must consider what value the product is providing against the price you are paying for. Does it make you satisfied or not? Do your demands be fulfilled with that?
Hope this article will come in handy for you to recognize and purchase the best winter fertilizer in the market. Happy Shopping.